Overview Module enables users to edit a module without switching to other modules. You can right click a node and:
- Edit the dimensions
- Delete the node
Right click a link to:
- Edit the dimensions
- Edit the joints
- Convert to a linear spring
- Convert to a flexible beam
- Add a force or a moment
- Delete the link
You can easily create a mechanism in just six steps:
Sketch Module enables users to create the overall outline of the mechanism using the mouse.
- Click an empty space to create a new node.
- Click an existing node to use that node to add a new link.
- Hit Esc to pause sketching and start from a new node later.
- You can divide a link by adding a node on an existing link.
You can set the exact dimensions of your mechanism by:
- Setting the coordinates of a design node.
- Setting the length of a node.
- Setting the angle of a link from X or Y Axis.
You can also delete nodes and links using this module.
- Initially, all joints will be set as pin joints. You can select a link and specify different joint types. If a joint combination is not valid, it will be shown in red color.
- You can select two or more links (pressing Ctrl) and create rigidly connected links.
You can add linear springs and torsion springs to your mechanism.
- You convert existing links to linear springs.
- You can add linear springs between two nodes.
- You need to select two links to add a torsion spring at their intersection. If you want to add a torsion spring to a ground node, you need to click an empty place in the design area
Add Force and Moments
You can forces and moments to your mechanism:
- Select a link to add a force by specifying x and y magnitudes. You need to specify the application point, too.
- Select a link to add a moment by specifying the magnitude. Application point is for drawing purposes.
You need to select a link to convert it into a flexible link. You can select three different beam models:
- Pseudo-Rigid-Body Model
- You can select from predefined PRB models or create your own PRB model.
- Linear Beam Model
- You need to define number of segments for BCM and LBM. 4 segments provide accurate and fast analysis.