The static analysis module consists of four different sub-modules:
You can incrementally calculate the deformation of the mechanism from existing loads using the Load Analysis Module.
- You can enable or disable a force or a moment by right clicking the load.
Distance Analysis Module solves the inverse problem of the Load Analysis Module. This time a desired deflection is set and the required load is unknown.
- You need to select the unknown load by right clicking.
- You need to specify a node displacement or a rigid link rotation to start the analysis.
Mechanical Advantage Module calculates the mechanical advantage of the mechanism at the design configuration.
- You need to select the input and output load by right clicking.
Energy Plot Mode plots deflection versus energy and deflection versus load plots for the given mechanism.
- You need to add a desired distance range similar to the Distance Analysis.
The static synthesis module consists of three different sub-modules:
Flexural Stiffness Synthesis
This module will optimize the flexural stiffness (EI) magnitudes of the compliant members such that the existing loads will result in desired deflection.
- You need to add a desired distance similar to the Distance Analysis.
- The optimizer will set I to one and therefore, the elastic modulus will be equal to the flexural stiffness (EI) magnitude.
- After the synthesis, you can check the flexural stiffness (EI) magnitude from Make Compliant Module.
Bistable Mechanism Synthesis
This module will optimize the design of the mechanism to fulfill the desired bistable behavior.
- The module will check the mechanism if any bistable behavior exists. If there is any, you can select the different drivers that results in bistable behavior.
- There are three synthesis modes:
- Critical Force: The module will optimize the flexural stiffness magnitude of the compliant members to match the specified value.
- Stable Point: The module will optimize the design of the mechanism to set the stable point to the desired value.
- Unstable Point: The module will optimize the design of the mechanism to set the unstable point to the desired value.